Insurance Investments Group Claims About us

Tenant insurance in Quebec

Landlords have few legal obligations when it comes to compensating tenants for damage to personal property if something happens to the rental unit. Your tenant insurance policy will protect your belongings and provide valuable liability coverage.

As a tenant, you are legally responsible for your own damages to your rented unit and for the well-being of your visitors. Your policy covers these important items, and will cover improvements you make to the unit like new carpeting or tiles.

Get an online quote now or contact one of our local advisors to get started with a tenant insurance policy.

Some items in our Standard and Comprehensive policies include:

  • $3,500 for bicycles (electric or not), including equipment and accessories ($1,500 for Standard)
  • $5,000 for jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs and fur trimmed apparel ($2,500 for Standard)
  • $5,000 for tools, books, instruments, computers and software used for professional activities ($2,000 for Standard)
  • $2,500 for watercraft, engines, trailers, equipment and accessories ($1,500 for Standard)
  • $2,500 for collector cards ($1,500 for Standard)
  • $3,000 for manuscripts, stamp collections and coin collections ($1,000 for Standard)
  • $12,000 for goldware, silverware and pewterware ($5,000 for Standard)
  • $5,000 for securities ($1,000 for Standard)(extra coverage not available)
  • $500 for money and bullion ($200 for Standard).  Extra coverage not available.
  • $9,000 lawn mowers, garden tractors and snow plows ($7,000 for Standard)
  • $2,000 for merchandise or samples to be sold and not related to professional activities
  • $5,000 for wine and liquor up to $100 per container
  • $2,000 for video games ($1,000 for Standard)

Liability coverage

Our policies include liability coverage, meaning you don't have to worry if someone has an accident in your home, like slipping on your steps. We even cover the costs if you're on vacation and you break something in your hotel room.

Optional coverage

You can purchase extra coverage for:

  • Seasonal residence and its contents
  • Water infiltration and sewer backup damage
  • Artwork
  • Use of residence for professional activities
  • Personal belongings in storage
  • Earthquake damage
  • Golf carts

Let your advisor know about any furs, gems, electronics or other high-value items in your home. You may need additional coverage to ensure they are fully covered.

Replace items at today's prices

With the Replacement Cost Endorsement, you can replace your personal belongings at today's prices, not their depreciated value, which is what you would get if you were to sell them as used items.

Getting your coverage started

There's an advisor right in your community who can help you get started with your tenant insurance. If you want to get an idea of the cost, check our online quote tool.

Get a quote for Auto, Home, Life, and Travel

Get a quote

Find a Financial Representative

For personalized solutions to fit your needs and budget, connect with a
Co-operators financial representative near you.