Insurance Group Claims Investments About us

Why you need tenant insurance

Tenant insurance is for renters who want to protect their personal property. Tenant insurance also includes personal liability coverage, which covers accidental damage to property not owned by you  or unintentional bodily injury to others.

To see how affordable tenant insurance can be, get a quote online right now.

If you are renting on a temporary basis, insurance may be the last thing on your mind. But think about all the stuff you have. Could you replace your books, bikes and clothes with your current savings? Even if you are renting a room in a house, you are eligible for tenant insurance at affordable rates. Be sure to tell your financial representative  about any high value items that may need extra coverage, such as jewellery.

Coverage under tenant insurance

Tenant insurance comes in two categories: Classic and Prestige. Prestige insurance is recommended for tenants who want more protection for their belongings.

We have listed many of the items covered under your policy on our What's Covered page. If what you are looking for isn't there, contact your local financial representative to find out if we cover it.

Bundle and save

Enjoy our most competitive rates when you combine your home and auto insurance.* Find out more about bundling today.
Get a quote and buy online

Find a financial representative

For personalized solutions that fit your needs and budget, connect with a
Co-operators financial representative near you.