Insurance Investments Group Claims About us

What is home and property insurance?

Home and property insurance protects against fire, lightning and other potential incidents that may require repair or replacement of your home and belongings.

Co-operators takes that protection a step further by providing built-in extras such as lock replacement or re-keying for your home and automobiles..

Protecting your home

If something happens to your house, we pay to repair or replace damage that's covered under your policy. We'll also cover any damaged or destroyed property, either within the usual policy limits or through additional coverage that you can purchase for your most cherished items.

Liability coverage

Liability coverage protects you from financial responsibility for unintentional injury or damage caused to other people or their property. For example, if a visitor is injured when they slip and fall on your icy driveway.

Your liability coverage applies anywhere in the world and extends to any family members who live with you. So, if your child causes unintentional property damage while on vacation - we've got you covered.

Looking for the benefit of extra protection? Our Personal Umbrella Liability endorsement allows you to increase the liability coverage provided by your home, auto, seasonal and watercraft policies. It’s convenient and affordable.

Little extras mean better coverage

Insurance covers more than your home and belongings. If someone tries to steal your identity, your policy will pay up to $10,000 to help get your life back on track. Identity Fraud Recovery Expense protection is a standard part of our home insurance policies.

Optional coverage available

Everyone wants to know what is and isn't covered. If you don't see what you're looking for under our standard policies, we have extra insurance called endorsements that can be added to your policy. Your local financial representative is a great resource for any questions you have about home insurance.


A deductible is the payment that you would have to make in the event of a claim. For example, if your computer is stolen, and it will cost $2,000 to replace it, you may have a deductible in place of $500 that you would pay towards the claim, and we would pay the rest of the claim with a cheque for $1,500.

Claims process

If you need to file a claim, our claims department and your local financial representative is standing by to help you.

Bundle and save

Enjoy our most competitive rates when you combine your home and auto insurance.* Find out more about bundling today.
Get a quote and buy online

Find a financial representative

For personalized solutions that fit your needs and budget, connect with a
Co-operators financial representative near you.

Related links

Home insurance inspections

What's covered