Insurance Investments Claims About us Resource centre

Whatever you ride, we’ve got you covered

Whether your vehicle runs on wheels or skis, travels on water or the back roads, carries people or pulls farm implements, you need to have it insured before you can drive it. Here’s a list of the types of vehicles we insure at Cooperators.

Cars, trucks and vans

This category includes any motor vehicle used for pleasure or business, or commuting to and from work, with a maximum gross vehicle weight of 4,500 kg or 10,000 lbs.

Vehicle brands we insure

A-Hu Hy-Min Mit-Z
Acura Hyundai Mitsubishi
Aston Martin Infiniti Nissan
Audi Jaguar Pontiac
Bentley Jeep Porsche
BMW Kia Rolls Royce
Buick Lamborghini Saab
Cadillac Land Rover Saturn
Chevrolet Lexus Scion
Chrysler Lincoln Smart
Dodge Lotus Subaru
Dodge/RAM Maserati Suzuki
Ferrari Maybach Tesla
Ford Mazda Toyota
GMC Mercedes-Benz Volkswagen
Honda Mercury Volvo
Hummer Mini Zenn
Recreational vehicles
Primarily for, but not limited to, leisure purposes, recreational vehicles provide transportation across specific types of terrain like dirt, snow, or tarmac. We insure recreational vehicles as flexible, stand-alone policies, or as bundled coverage with existing Home or Auto policies. Categories include all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), motorcycles, snowmobiles, and trailers and campers.

Recreational vehicles we insure

ATVs are vehicles with four or more wheels, designed for transportation over various types of off-road terrain and trails. Types include, but are not limited to, sport, utility, side-by-side and youth ATVs.
Motorcycles and dirt bikes
Dirt bikes are motorcycles that are designed to be used on rough terrain like unsurfaced roads or trails. Types include, but are not limited to, trail dirt bikes, motocross bikes, enduro bikes, dual sport bikes.
Snowmobiles are designed exclusively for travel on snow and ice, and are typically used on trails and private property. Types include, but are not limited to, trail, sport, touring, crossover and utility snowmobiles.
Trailers and campers
This category includes two- or four-wheeled vehicles with no engine that are towed by private passenger vehicles. Types include, but are not limited to, travel and personal-use utility trailers, hardtop and soft-top tent trailers, and campers.
Mopeds are motor-assisted bicycles with operable pedals that weigh no more than 55 kg (120 lbs). They have no motor-driven clutch or gearbox and can’t travel faster than 50 km (30 mph) on level ground Piston displacement may not exceed 50 ccs.
These motorized vehicles are designed for recreational travel and accommodation. This category also includes trucks equipped with a non-detachable camper body, as well as converted buses and vans, once completed that are not used for general transportation.

Call 1-877-545-2667
in Quebec call 1-877-630-2667
or find a financial representative today for more information.

Commercial vehicles

Commercial vehicles are used to carry goods or materials for use, distribution or delivery. A commercial vehicle can be a car, van, pickup truck, trailer, heavy vehicle or tractor-trailer.

Farm vehicles

Farm vehicles are used for either farm work or pleasure by the landowner whose occupation is agriculture. They’re not driven to work or to school or used to haul other people’s property. Farm vehicles can include trailers used on the farm.

Antique vehicles

If you have an antique vehicle that you want to insure, it must be substantially the same as the manufacturer’s original specifications with the proper historic licence plate. It can’t be used for regular transportation, only rare trips.


A bus is a vehicle used to transport people on public streets or highways. This could include carrying students to school, groups of people on sightseeing trips, or employees to and from work.

Related links

Save when you bundle your Home and Auto insurance with us!
Get a quote

Find a financial representative

For personalized solutions to fit your needs and budget, connect with a
Co-operators financial representative near you.