Home insurance coverage in Quebec
Home insurance protects the things that are most important to you. Your policy covers the dwelling, as well as attached and detached structures such as a garage, shed, or an inground swimming pool. It also covers most personal belongings normally on your property.
The Co-operators provides excellent coverage and service in Quebec through local community representatives. You can also get a quote online for your home insurance right now.
Coverage tailored to you
With home insurance from The Co-operators, you'll get the coverage you need and more, including:
- Emergency service when you need it.
- In-house claims experts to handle your claims quickly and fairly.
- Exceptional coverage at competitive rates from a 100% Canadian-owned insurance company.
Some of the coverages our Classic Plus
- $4,000 for bicycles (electric or not), including equipment and accessories for Prestige ($3,000 for Classic Plus)
- $6,000 total and $4,000 per item for jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs and fur trimmed apparel for Prestige and Classic Plus
- $5,000 on premises and $3,500 while away for tools, books, instruments, computers and software used for professional activities for Prestige ($3,500 for Classic Plus on premises coverage only)
- $4,000 for watercraft, engines, equipment and accessories if Prestige ($3,000 for Classic Plus)
- $3,000 for collector cards for Prestige and Classic Plus
- $3,000 for manuscripts, stamp collections and coin collections for Prestige and Classic Plus
- $15,000 for goldware, silverware and pewterware for Prestige ($10,000 for Classic Plus)
- $800 for money, cash cards, gift certificates and bullion for Prestige ($600 for Classic Plus)
- $11,000 for lawn mowers, garden tractors and snowplows for Prestige and Classic Plus
- $2,000 for merchandise or samples to be sold and not related to professional activities for Prestige and Classic Plus
- $20,000 for Prestige, $15,000 for Classic Plus for wine and liquor
- $5,000 for video games for Prestige and Classic Plus
Our policies include liability coverage, meaning that you don't have to worry if someone has an accident in your home, like slipping on your steps. We even cover the costs if you're on vacation and you accidentally break something in your hotel room.
Optional coverage for your home
You can purchase extra coverage for:
- Seasonal residence and contents
- Water infiltration and sewer backup damage
- Use of residence for professional activities
- Personal belongings in storage
- Earthquake damage
- Golf carts
- Above-ground pool and outdoor spa
Let your advisor know about any furs, gems, electronics or other high-value items in your home. You may need additional coverage to ensure they are fully covered.
Canada is going green, and we want to help.
With our Enviroguard coverage, you can choose to replace damaged property with more eco-friendly and sustainable products. For as low as $50 per year, we will pay an additional 10% of the claim amount up to $50,000 to repair or replace your property with more environmentally responsible alternatives. This can include items like bamboo flooring, ENERGY STAR approved appliances and other earth-conscious options.
- Environmental building materials
- Sustainable construction
- Greener architecture
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
Sustainable building design is continually improving, with more green products and services emerging every day. With Enviroguard, you can choose to make the best use of them for a healthier home.