Insurance Group Claims Investments About us

Condominium insurance in Quebec

With condo insurance from The Co-operators, you'll get the coverage you need, including:

  • Emergency service when you need it.
  • In-house claims experts to handle your claims quickly and fairly.
  • Exceptional coverage at competitive rates from a leading 100% Canadian-owned insurance company.

Get an online quote now or contact one of our local advisors to get started with your condo insurance policy.

started with your condo insurance policy.


Protect your condo and possessions

When you buy a condominium, you own a unit as well as a share in the common areas, such as the elevator, lobby, swimming pool, parking garage, heating system and gardens. Therefore, you'll need liability protection in case you damage part of the building or if another resident or visitor is accidentally injured. You'll also need coverage for your personal belongings and any structural improvements you make to your condo.

Unit improvements

Most condominium corporations allow owners to make improvements and minor alterations to their individual units. This may include installing new cupboards, carpet, ceramic tile and bathroom fixtures. If a claim occurs after improvements to the unit are made and it's not covered under the corporation's policy, you may have to cover the costs. Our condo insurance package automatically includes coverage for improvements not covered in the corporation's policy.

Damage to common areas

If the condominium corporation does not cover damages to common areas, you may have to pay for part of the repair or replacement costs. Your condominium insurance policy covers your portion of the loss for up to $20,000 under both our Comprehensive and Standard policies.

This coverage also includes your portion of the condominium corporation's master policy deductible, up to $2,000 with the Comprehensive policy and $1,000 with the Standard policy.

Some items in our Classic and Prestige policies include:

  • $4,000 for bicycles (electric or not), including equipment and accessories ($2,000 for Classic) 
  • $6,000 for jewellery, watches, precious stones, furs and fur-trimmed apparel with a $4,000 limit per item
  • $5,000 for business use books, tools, instruments used while on premises and $3,500 while temporarily away ($2,000 for Classic)
  • $5,000 for Computer Software for personal use 
  • $4,000 for watercraft, engines, equipments and accessories ($2,000 for Classic)
  • $3,000 for collector cards
  • $3,000 for manuscripts
  • $6,000 for Collections not subject to other limitations ($2,000 for Classic)
  • $15,000 for goldware, silverware and pewterware ($5,000 for Classic)
  • $7,000 for share certificates issued by public companies incorporated in Canada and the US and bonds issued by a governmental authority in Canada ($3,000 for Classic) and any other form of security is $2,000
  • $800 for money and bullion ($500 for Classic)
  • $11,000 for lawn mowers, garden tractors and snow plows ($7,000 for Classic) 
  • $2,000 for merchandise or samples to be sold and not related to professional activities
  • $20,000 for wine and liquor ($10,000 for Classic)
  • $5,000 for video games
  • $1,000 for data ($500 for Classic)
  • $4,000 for animals, birds or fish ($2,000 for Classic)
  • $1,000 for spare Automobile parts
  • $10,000 for Audio and Video recordings, including but not limited to tape, CD's, DVD's and Blu-ray discs ($3,000 for Classic)
  • $20,000 for works of art, such as paintings, pictures, sculptures, statuettes, handmade rugs and tapestries ($10,000 for Classic)

Liability coverage

Our policies include liability coverage, meaning you don't have to worry if someone has an accident in your home, like slipping on your steps. We even cover the costs if you're on vacation and you break something in your hotel room.

Optional coverage

You can purchase extra coverage for:
  • Seasonal residence and its contents
  • Water infiltration and sewer backup damage
  • Artwork
  • Use of residence for professional activities
  • Personal belongings in storage
  • Earthquake damage
  • Golf carts

Let your Financial Advisor know about any furs, gems, electronics or other high-value items in your home. You may need additional insurance to ensure they are fully covered.

Replace items at today's prices

With the Replacement Cost Endorsement, you can replace your personal belongings at today's prices, not their depreciated value, which is what you would get if you were to sell them as used items.

Enviroguard™ coverage

Canada is going green, and we want to help.

With our Enviroguard coverage, you can choose to replace damaged property with more eco-friendly and sustainable products. For as low as $20 per year, we will pay an additional 10% of the claim amount up to $50,000 to repair or replace your property with more environmentally responsible alternatives. This can include items like bamboo flooring, ENERGY STAR approved appliances and other earth-conscious options.

Enviroguard includes:

  • Environmentally friendly building materials
  • Sustainable construction
  • Greener architecture
  • Renewable energy
  • Energy efficiency

Sustainable building design is continually improving, with more green products and services emerging every day. With Enviroguard, you can choose to make the best use of them for a healthier home.

Getting your coverage started

There's an advisor right in your community that can help you get started with your condominium insurance package. If you want to figure out what your premiums will be, check out our online quote tool.