We cover anything listed below under our farm produce policies.
- Feed and fodder, including ground feed, manufactured and compounded stock foods
- Hay and straw
- Agricultural products of the soil
- Milk and honey
- Fruit and vegetables
- Herbicides, pesticides and commercial fertilizers
Tobacco and lumber are not considered produce for purposes of insurance. Contact your local agent for more details on what we cover.
Fire and lightning
This covers produce against fire, lightning, and explosion.
Fire and extended perils
This protects against fire, lightning, and explosion, and extends coverage to:
- Windstorm or tornado
- Impact by aircraft or vehicle
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Theft (mysterious disappearance not covered)
- Collapse of buildings, bridges or culverts
- Transportation including collision, upset, derailment, stranding or sinking of any vehicle transporting the property.
Milk contamination endorsement
This extends milk coverage to refrigerated milk that is ruined due to contamination from animal medications, cleaning solutions or the failure of the farmer or their employees to activate the bulk cooling tank. This coverage is only available with Fire and Extended Perils coverage.
Consequential loss for other produce
This extends coverage to produce that has been destroyed due to damage to the building containing the produce, or due to interruption of power to the insured farm property.
Contact your local Co-operators agent for more details on our farm produce coverage.