Plan ahead with life-saving fire safety tips
The most common and fastest spreading fires are caused from cooking and heating equipment. Every second counts when escaping a fire. It’s important to be prepared by planning and practicing an escape plan.
Take these simple steps towards fire safety.
- Test your smoke alarms each month to make sure they’re always in working order.
- If possible, install them in every room, especially bedrooms.
- Create a fire escape plan and practice it regularly with everyone in your home. Remember to adjust your plan for seniors, people with disabilities, children and pets.
- Never leave food cooking on your stove or in your oven unattended.
- If you are building a new home, consider installing fire sprinklers
For more tips, keep this handy checklist and watch this short video.