Get to know your home insurance coverage better

Do you know exactly what protection your home insurance policy offers? With a policy from The Co-operators, you may be pleased to discover that you’re covered for much more than the basics.

Types of home policies

Depending on whether you choose a Classic, Classic Plus, Prestige or Prestige Plus policy, you may be covered for financial loss due to theft, fire or vandalism, and personal liability that may occur if someone is injured while visiting your home. Home insurance helps cover the cost of repairing or replacing your home, attached and detached structures, outdoor swimming pools and items kept on the premises, for damage caused by insured perils. It can also cover liability for accidental damage to someone else’s property. Make sure you’re clear on which type of insurance you have and your coverage.

Identity Fraud Recovery Expense

Our home, condominium and tenant policies also include coverage for identity theft at no extra cost. With this coverage, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 for expenses associated with someone stealing and using your personal information for fraudulent transactions.

Liability coverage

Home policies from The Co-operators also include liability coverage, including legal liability, voluntary medical payments and voluntary payment for damage to property of others.

After-hours emergency service

Our service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you in the event of a claims-related emergency. Call 1-877-NU-CLAIM (1-877-682-5246) for assistance any time of day or night. In Quebec, call 1-877-594-2667.

Valuable options for added protection

Need more out of your policy? You can choose from our many additional options such as:

  • Extended water coverage* that protects your home from some types of damage caused by water or sewage that enters the building because of accidental backups or damaged sewers, drains, downspouts or septic systems.
  • Comprehensive water coverage* is complete and flexible coverage designed to insure you against many types of water damage to your home, even in the event of flooding rivers, lakes and creeks.
  • Replacement cost endorsements, available with some home policies, insure your personal property for replacement cost at today’s prices, not the depreciated value.
  • Seasonal residence and property policies that protect your cottage or seasonal getaway.
  • Enviroguard™ coverage which allows you to choose to replace damaged property with more eco-friendly and sustainable products.
*coverage options vary by province