Why are property inspections important?
At The Co-operators, we feel it is important to make sure that all of your insurance needs are being met. Part of this process is to periodically inspect insured properties. We conduct these inspections for several reasons:
- To ensure that your property is safe. We look for opportunities to help you prevent losses to your home or farming operation, protecting your livelihood and your safety.
- To update your coverage if necessary. Any renovations or additions to your home or farm operation can mean a change to the terms or limits of your policy. It is important to have sufficient coverage in place in case you have a claim.
- To ensure that you are receiving all available discounts. Improvements to your property can mean you may be eligible for additional discounts.
How are inspections conducted?
All inspections at The Co-operators are conducted by our staff members or by contracted, qualified inspectors. They will visit and appraise your property and equipment to perform the following activities:
- Check for onsite exposures or unsafe conditions that may lead to injuries.
- Calculate the replacement value of your property and contents. This ensures that you are fully covered in the event of a claim.
- Check the condition of your heating, plumbing and electrical systems and equipment.
- When the inspection is completed, our agent will make coverage recommendations.
Together, we can ensure that your coverage is accurate and up to date.