Insurance Investments Group Claims About us

Coverage for your buildings, equipment, contents and stock

Whether you own or lease the building you operate your business from, we have the right combination of coverage and options to keep things running.

Your business insurance includes broad coverage to protect your building and contents.

  • If you own your building, our policies cover the actual structure, as well as any permanent fittings, fixtures or extensions.
  • If you rent or lease, it covers any improvements you make as a tenant.

When it comes to what’s inside the building, contents insurance covers your stock, equipment, furniture and machinery.

Choose from our basic and customized protection for your property, contents and other items against loss, damage or theft.

You can also choose from our available endorsements to tailor your policies to your needs, including coverage for earthquake, flood, sewer backup, and more. See a list of our most common Business property coverage options below.

Your local Co-operators Financial Advisor will take you through the many ways we can help protect your business property and design a policy to suit your needs. Contact your Financial Advisor today.

Business property coverage options

Customize your Business Property insurance coverage with options that best suit your needs and type of business. 

Replacement Cost Endorsement

Changes the basis of settlement to pay for losses based on the cost of repairing or replacing the insured buildings and/or contents, without deduction for depreciation. Some exceptions apply; ask your advisor for details.

Bylaw Endorsement

Adds coverage for additional costs incurred if you have to repair or rebuild your damaged property to comply with any by-laws or zoning laws, if the cause of damage is covered by your policy.

Consequential Loss Endorsement (Including Off Premises Service Interruption)

Adds coverage for stock spoilage if the cause of loss or damage due to a change in temperature or humidity. This also includes coverage for loss or damage caused by an off-premises power interruption.

Earthquake Shock Endorsement

Adds coverage for loss or damage to your insured property from earthquake.

Flood and Sewer Backup Endorsement

This endorsement protects against water damage from floods and sewer backups. Covered events include flooding caused by the rising of, breaking out, or overflow of any natural or man-made body of water, including waves, tides, tidal waves and tsunamis, and by water or natural precipitation temporarily diffused over the surface of the ground. Protection also extends to water damage caused by the backup of sewers, sumps, septic tanks or drains. Both flood and sewer backup exclude continuous or repeated leakage or seepage of water.

Sign Floater Form

Adds Actual Cash Value coverage for your exterior signs, street clocks, communication towers, antennae and satellite receivers.

Miscellaneous Property Floater Broad Form

This option provides Actual Cash Value coverage for items that might be mobile and are not already covered under your policy. Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in Canada or Continental United States. This option also includes a locked-vehicle warranty.

Cargo Floater Broad Form

Provides coverage if you are paid to transport property that belongs to other people, or to transport your own goods in vehicles that you own and operate.

Contractor's Equipment Floater Broad Form

If you are a contractor, this option provides broad coverage for your equipment, or the equipment of others for which you are legally liable

Downhole Tool Coverage Endorsement

This option modifies the Contractor’s Equipment Floater to provide coverage for equipment that is lost or damaged while it’s downhole in any well.

Fishing Expenses Endorsement

This option modifies the Contractor's Equipment Floater to provide coverage for third-party expenses to recover insured property that is lost or damaged downhole in any well.

Downhole Property Damage Endorsement

This option provides coverage for property owned by others that you accidentally damage while downhole in any well.

Tool Floater Broad Form

This option provides broad coverage for all tools and equipment usual to your trade or business, including but not limited to saws, spades, drills, ladders, hammers, brushes, drop cloths and ratchets that are used on or off premises. Coverage applies anywhere in Canada and the Continental United States. This option also contains a locked-vehicle warranty.

Deliberate Well Firing and Waiver of Subrogation Endorsement

This option covers contractor equipment that is damaged during a deliberate well-firing by the well owner, operator, contractor or government authority to protect personnel and/or the environment.

Commercial Advantage Endorsement

With our Commercial Advantage Endorsement, you’ll receive a full package of coverage options normally available separately. Ask your advisor for details about what’s included:

  • Accounts Receivable
  • Brands and Labels
  • Extra Expense
  • Exterior Signs including Street Clocks, Communication towers, Antennae and Satellite Receivers
  • Fine Arts
  • Fire Department Service Charges
  • Fire Equipment Recharge
  • Glass ($500 deductible)
  • Master Key ($500 deductible)
  • Newly Constructed Buildings at the Insured’s Premises
  • Professional Fees
  • Stock Spoilage (Consequential Loss Including Off Premises Power)
  • Valuable Papers & Records
  • Arson Award
  • Building Damage by Theft
  • Building By-laws
  • Debris Removal
  • Exhibitions
  • Growing Plants, Trees, Shrubs or Flowers Outside the Building
  • Identity Theft
  • Installation
  • Land and Water Pollution Clean Up
  • Money and Securities
  • Moulds, Dies and Patterns
  • Peak Season Increase
  • Personal Property of Officers and Employees
  • Roadways, Walkways and Parking Lots
  • Sidewalk Sales
  • Newly Acquired Locations
  • Property in Transit
  • Sales Representative
  • Temporary or Unnamed Locations

Find a Financial Representative

For personalized solutions to fit your needs and budget, connect with a
Co-operators financial representative near you.

Get a qoute





Make a claim

Group Benefits Forms

Online forms

Online services