Protecting you, whatever the cause
Convenient and flexible, Comprehensive Water coverage is everything you need to protect your home and belongings against sudden and accidental water damage.* Available whether you own or rent, and whether it’s a condo or a seasonal property, it provides coverage for water damage caused by:
- Water, septic or sewer backups: overflow that can enter your home through inside/outside drains or a sump-pit drainage system.
- Storm surge: a rise in lake or ocean level (above the normal, predicted level) during a storm.
- Waves and spray: when resulting from a storm or hurricane.
- Flooding from the overflow of a natural or man-made body of water: including lakes, rivers, creeks and streams, and any overflow caused by breaking dams, levees or other water-containment systems.
- Surface water: the build-up of water caused by heavy rainfall, fast snow melts and extreme weather.
- A rising water table: when underground water rises to the surface, causing leaking through walkways, driveways, foundations, walls or floors.
Putting you in control of your policy
Comprehensive Water coverage is all-inclusive, which makes protecting your home and belongings easy. And it’s flexible, which means that you can use it however you choose. Based on your policy type, your benefits could include:
Enjoy a single limit to use for your personal property, including buildings, detached structures, loss of use, cleanup and debris removal, outdoor swimming pool and/or hot tub.
Instead of paying a flat dollar amount, your deductible will be a percentage of your claim amount — from 2% to 35%, with a minimum deductible of $1,000 for Quebec and other risk types or $2,000 for Homeowners.
In the event of a total loss (i.e., if your home is damaged beyond repair), you receive the actual rebuilding cost with materials of similar quality, up to your insurance limit, with no deduction for depreciation. You can even choose to rebuild in another location.
Coverage to replace your outdoor trees, shrubs and plants*.
Up to $5,000 for costs incurred to protect your property in the event of a flood warning (for example, any costs associated with sand bagging).
Expenses (up to a specified limit) that result from water damage keeping you out of your residence.
Are you at risk?
When it comes to potential water damage, there are many factors — like where you live and what type of property it is.
If you’re a home, residential or seasonal property owner, and you have water-loss prevention devices — like a backflow prevention device installed on the sewer or septic line, or a secondary sump pump with an automatic backup — you may be eligible for discounts.**
Protect your family, home and belongings against sudden and accidental water damage with Comprehensive Water coverage. Contact us today!
*Some conditions may apply.
**Before you install one, check with your city or licensed plumber to confirm which devices are permitted in your area and most effective for your home.