Affordable coverage for your non-profit organization
Each year in Canada, 19 million volunteers generously donate enough time and labour to equal one million full-time jobs. To protect these hard workers and the organizations they support, The Co-operators designed Community Guard with affordable coverage for liability, property damage, Group Benefits and more.
This product and its associated training and support is the only one of its kind in Canada, and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to supporting our communities.
We’ve got your organization covered
Count on one of our specially trained agents to tailor a plan that has everything your volunteer/non-profit group needs, with rates that won’t stretch your budget. Your Community Guard policy combines all the protection you need in one complete package, including:
Essential liability coverage for financial protection against lawsuits:
- Commercial General Liability
- Blanket Accident Insurance
- Tenants Legal Liability
- Non-owned Automobile Liability
Specialty liability coverage to protect you from claims:
Property crime coverage to cover any buildings or other property your group owns:
Group benefits to insure your most important assets: your employees:
- Life and disability benefits
- Health, dental and vision benefits
Group RRSPs to help your employees save for retirement:
- Range of expertly managed investment options
- Low minimum contributions
- Simple administration
- Excellent retirement education for employees
Service and coverage beyond the basics
Your agent will work with you to make sure your organization has the coverage you need, and the support to maintain it. You can also count on:
- Affordable, stable rates. Community Guard is priced fairly. If your rate has to increase by more than 5%, we’ll give you a minimum of 12 months notice to budget for necessary adjustments.
- Accessibility. Our specially trained agents have insurance expertise with the volunteer sector. You’ll have access to help by telephone, Internet, and a 24-hour claims emergency hotline.
- Ongoing insurability. You’ll get free access to our risk management workshops, online resources, and knowledgeable staff to keep your insurance costs down.
- Advance notice of cancellation. If we have to cancel your policy for any reason, we’ll give you six months notice to give you time to find a new insurer.
- Community support. To show our appreciation for all the important work you do, non-profits have access to funds, so you can continue your important contribution to the community.
Talk to us about specialized coverage for your organization
Get in touch with one of our over 300 Community Guard agents for a presentation of the Community Guard program to your Board of Directors. For more information, contact Selena Buck at 1-800-265-2662 ext. 302448. In Quebec, contact Marc Duplantie at 1-800-265-2662 x303058.