The Co‑operators is a leading Canadian-owned, multi-product insurance and financial services organization with more than $35.1 billion in assets under administration. Within our three core areas of operation — Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance, Life insurance, and institutional investments — we have 4,632 employees. We are supported by a dedicated financial advisor network with 2,513 licensed insurance representatives throughout Canada. We also serve more than 350 credit unions with nearly 5.3 million members.
Property & Casualty Insurance
- Insures over 722,000 homes and 1 million vehicles.
- Provides coverage to more than 36,000 farms and 128,000 businesses.
- Protects over 509,000 lives.
- Insures more than 179,000 employees through Group benefit plans.
- Provides Travel insurance to more than 1,044,000 Canadians and visitors to Canada.
- Offers a wide range of Wealth Management products.
- Provides Creditor insurance to 842,000 Canadians.
- Provides institutional investment and asset management services.
Our co-operative values
The Co‑operators is a Canadian-owned company with 66 years of history as a co-operative. Our member-owners represent a variety of sectors and regions across the country. Our focus extends beyond increasing profits to a concern for satisfying the needs of clients, staff members, member-owners and communities.