Super Visa insurance: travel medical insurance for long-term visitors to Canada
Looking for travel medical insurance for a Super Visa application? We can help with the right coverage for your visitors to Canada.
Super Visa application requirements
To apply for a Super Visa in Canada, visitors entering the country must have at least $100,000 in health coverage issued by a Canadian insurance company. This ensures visitors can pay for their health care if they become sick or injured while in Canada.
The Co-operators Visitor-to-Canada travel medical insurance plan offers convenient, affordable protection that meets Super Visa application requirements, including:
- Super Visa endorsement, with proof of private medical coverage and repatriation benefits
- Coverage for up to 365 days in Canada and no expiry date exclusion
- The ability to return to the home country during the trip without cancelling coverage
- Four deductible options with premium discounts of 5% to 30% on $100 to $3,000 per claim deductible
- Rates for visitors up to age 85
What is a Super Visa?
The Canadian government introduced Super Visas in 2011 to manage the backlog of applications received from visitors who wanted longer stays in Canada.
Valid for up to 10 years, the Super Visa is granted to qualified parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Unlike the regular visitor's visa that allows someone to remain in Canada for only six months, the Super Visa allows a stay of up to two years with an option to apply for an extension.
For more information on the coverage you need for Super Visas, talk to your local Financial Advisor or get an online Travel quote today.