The Co-operators Member Benefits Program
The Co-operators has over 70 years of history as a co-operative and as a Canadian-owned insurer. Our member organizations consist of co-operatives and credit union centrals from across the country representing a variety of sectors. The unique view of advice and advocacy we provide is guided by our co-operative principles and values. By taking a long-term view on business and relationships, and putting people first, we focus on meeting the evolving needs of Canadian communities, the co-operative sector, their members, and our clients.
We are pleased to work with our participating member organizations to offer a Member Benefits Program that gives individual members belonging to those organizations, access to exclusive coverage and savings.
If you are a member of any of the member organizations listed below, you have access to exclusive coverage and savings provided as part of The Co-operators Member Benefits Program!
What’s offered in the Member Benefits Program1?
Through our relationships with our member organizations, we are confident that we are able to provide their members, individuals like you, with value-added coverage and savings to meet your insurance needs. Here are highlights of the types of insurance coverage and savings that may be available to you:
- Enhanced Home coverage – access to some free and discounted endorsements providing you with more coverage at a reduced cost. For example, Claims Forgiveness for Members. It is a free endorsement automatically added to all eligible home policies and gives you peace of mind knowing in the event you need to make a claim with us, your first claim will have no impact to your premium or insurability.
- Enhanced Farm coverage – this optional Farm endorsement, only available to members, contains more than 30 different coverages at a nominal cost.
- Farm and Home member benefits program discount – this discount is made up of two parts, a base rate discount plus an additional one based on the loss experience of your member organization.
- Assistance for executors/estate trustees: Executor EASE2 – Members who are looking for assistance in administering an estate have the opportunity to participate in a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a personal trust consultant and select only the services they require, whether the estate is simple or complex. An exclusive offer is available when members hire our partner for estate and trust services.
- Discounted Travel3 insurance – an exclusive 10% discount is offered on all travel insurance policies, such as hospital/medical, trip cancellation or interruption, multi-trip, etc.
- Auto insurance4 – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Plan service fee waived.
We’re here to help
The above list is only a highlight of everything that being part of The Co-operators Member Benefits Program offers. To understand how our members can get more through the Members Benefit Program, contact your local Co-operators Financial Advisor today!